Optiver is seeking a Tax Manager with broad corporate and partnership experience to join our Chicago Tax team. As Tax Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative team working in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You will gain in-depth experience in a broad spectrum of tax challenges and topics such as tax accounting (ASC 740), corporate tax, partnership tax, international tax, state and local tax, global mobility, transfer pricing, sales use and lease tax, audit defense, and position documentation. The Tax Manager will also be expected to enrich our collaborative work environment and provide hands-on mentoring of junior staff members.
The ideal candidate for this role has the drive to seek a deep understanding of the business and accompanying tax issues.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Work with key stakeholders within the business (Trading, IT, other Control functions such as Finance & Legal), external tax advisors, external & internal auditors and various revenue authorities
- Review of monthly tax provision and corresponding tax adjustment calculations
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining controls over tax accounts
- Liaise with Optiver’s third party tax advisors on domestic and international tax issues
- Analyse tax implications of new business initiatives
- Document tax positions
- Participate in audit defense, including responding to information requests and notices
- Review transfer pricing arrangements and undertake fact finding and functional interviews
- Collaborate with Optiver’s Finance team to assist with the preparation of transfer pricing calculations
- Identify state and local tax issues
- Leverage technology to analyse and interpret large data sets
- Keep up to date with changes in tax legislation
- Perform ad hoc tax research on a wide array of topics
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or tax and 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Detail-oriented, highly analytical and can independently problem solve
- Eager to learn (both technical and business issues)
- Ability to stay organized
- Flexible when faced with changing/competing priorities
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable communicating complex tax matters
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.