At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Campus Recruiter, your primary focus will be hiring for our Intern and Graduate positions across both London and Amsterdam. You will be responsible for the end-to-end recruitment cycle of our candidates: from identifying talent at events, assessing whether they will be a cultural fit for Optiver, through to delivering an offer and even greeting them on their first day. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this will be your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
Who are we:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing Commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you'll do:
The Campus Recruitment team in London is currently 4 people strong, but growing, and working across key departments, including Trading, Research and Tech. As a Campus Recruiter you will have a wide variety of responsibilities including:
- End-to-end recruitment for all Intern and Graduate positions. You will take ownership of the entire candidate experience, from initial engagement through assessment and offer stage, ensuring a swift process;
- Supporting in maintaining strong relationships with top tier universities and targeted student groups and societies;
- Building effective relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Joint responsibility, with the team, for on-campus and in-house activities and events for students including giving company presentations, attending career events, hosting in-house days and managing interview days. You will use your creativity and critical eye to constantly evaluate how we can improve and expand our activities to make sure we reach the right talent.
- Regularly travel across the UK, Netherlands and other locations, as needed, during peak season;
- Supporting delivery of innovative recruitment strategies to reach new talent;
- Taking part and/or ownership in different recruitment projects like interview quality, candidate experience and diversity & inclusion.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree;
- 1-2 years of relevant or related experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Data driven mindset;
- Outstanding service minded focus with a professional presence, positive attitude and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility with regards to working hours, since the events and traveling can take place during the evening and weekends;
- Enjoy a high-paced and dynamic working environment. Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with often challenging deadlines.
What you’ll get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operations. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits are:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus all UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will be in touch. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable accommodations during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities. Please let us know if you would like to request any reasonable adjustments by contacting the Recruitment team via [email protected].