Graduate Market Risk Analyst – 2023 or 2024
Start dates available for mid-2023 and Feb 2024
Join Optiver to accelerate your growth in one of the most fascinating and dynamic industries.
As a Graduate Market Risk Analyst, you’ll kickstart the first four weeks of your training program in our head office in Amsterdam, alongside global peers. Then, you'll return to Sydney and continue your training here before joining our Market Risk team where you’ll put your knowledge into practice and work on projects that create an immediate impact.
Ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Apply now.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Know nothing about trading, but keen to learn? Don't worry, you bring the passion and we'll bring the training to support you along the way.
As a Graduate Market Risk Analyst, you’ll maintain and improve our current risk framework, to ensure Optiver remains at the forefront of an ever-changing environment. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems, and be part of an experienced team who develops and delivers risk management activities for the entire firm.
Being hands on from day one, you'll come to understand traders’ positions and strategies, as well as develop a macro-overview of the risks in the business. You’ll work on the trading floor, providing views on risk to Trading and Management. With the wider market risk team, you'll build, maintain and improve market and credit risk management, governance and control frameworks and prepare daily reports to the Local Head of Risk.
Check out Andrew’s ‘Day in the Life’ feature to learn more.
WHO YOU ARE
You have a keen interest in financial markets, and are equipped with a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills. Coupled with a natural curiosity, you're proactive by nature and can work autonomously. In addition, you also:
- Are an adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset, with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Have experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) would be a plus
- A final year university student or recent graduate
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or able to provide evidence of full working rights
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation and a competitive relocation package
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Does this sound like the future you’re looking for? Take up the challenge and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact us at [email protected].