An exciting new opportunity exists for a self-motivated, ambitious Compliance Manager to join the team as the organisation continues to grow.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Compliance is a partner and enabler for the business by providing assurance our Compliance risks are understood and managed with the Group's appetite. You will:
- Review relevant rules for applicability
- Communicate regulatory, industry and Compliance developments, including policy changes, to the businesses
- Contribute to the provision of Compliance advice
- Challenge the effectiveness of our Compliance controls and contribute to their improvement
- Provide Compliance training
- Assist Compliance staff with testing, reviewing, updating and maintaining of the firm's policies and procedures
- Contribute to monitoring firm-wide trading and communications
- Manage form filings, registrations and licensing, staff access right changes
- Liaise and communicate with various teams including trading, technology and operations
What markets would you focus on? Markets traded from Sydney. This covers the largest markets in APAC ex China and the US.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Understanding of global markets and electronic trading with emphasis on futures, options and equities
- Structured and pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Research and writing skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Attention to detail
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Strong control culture. Compliance are truly a partner to the business. We are decision makers. We advise on key initiatives and opine on Compliance risk management.
- Collaboration and transparency are cornerstones of our culture. We believe our best work is done by deeply understanding our trading and technology.
- Responsibility spans APAC ex China. Large number of markets, significant market shares.
- Be a thought leader in risk management and a key player in influencing the direction of our risk culture.
- You will get the support and tools to develop your skills on the job so that you feel empowered to be at your best.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.