To keep pace with the ever-changing markets, Optiver must always react with speed, and therefore has traditionally takes an in-house approach to building, analysing, managing and improving our custom infrastructure. Our technological independence enables us to evolve our systems on a daily basis, operating with tight feedback loops and quick development cycles. The challenge is balancing innovation with reliability and performance in such a complex, time-pressured environment – and that's exactly where you come in.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a senior level IT Financial Analyst to join the ITFM function within our Data Center Engineering team. The Data Center Engineering team is responsible for Optiver’ data centers around the world hosting our trading infrastructure. Ensuring that the all relevant (financial) administration is matching the physical reality is one of the challenges for the ITFM team with the goal to be able to link every invoice to a services in our IT environment and report on this. In addition to this the role is also responsible for the asset management processes including Life Cycle management.
A successful candidate has a good understanding of IT and exchange related invoices, will improve collaboration with key stakeholders and can directly impact our asset management process.
- Facilitate day-to-day invoicing procedures, such as the invoice approval process, invoice escalations (internally and externally to vendors) and update the relevant administrations (including purchasing tickets).
- Provide invoice overviews to stakeholders including summary of changes and expectations for the next period.
- Work closely with internal Legal and Finance teams to facilitate and optimize vendor onboarding and purchasing/invoicing processes plus ensure correct high level costs allocation
- Facilitate asset the asset management process by making sure that the data in our configuration management database (CMDB) is updated correctly by our infra teams, and report on life cycle events.
- Improve spending visibility for management and trading desks by reporting on KPIs and renewals and maintaining a structured overview of paid expenses and upcoming costs.
Who you are:
- Experience facilitating financial processes for a similar-sized technology driven company.
- Experience developing a risk-based approach to supplier selection and management.
- Experience with asset management
- Strong technical knowledge with the ability to quickly become conversant in new technologies.
- Experience with procurement, asset/inventory management and financial management software.
- High level of attention to details and problem solving skills.
- Taking pride in maintaining a consistent and clean IT financial administration
- Proven track record building solid vendor relationships.
- Broad experience across ITAM (IT Asset Management), SCD (Supplier & Contract Database), and CMDB (Configuration Management Database).
- Excellent communication skills. English fluency is required, Dutch language fluency is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of IT Financial Analyst please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.