An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual to join the Legal team at Optiver as the organisation continues to grow and the team’s involvement in all facets of the business expands.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
Sydney is the hub of Optiver’s APAC operations and supports trading activities in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and China. The Optiver corporate structure in APAC includes a number of group entities, some of which are incorporated in Australia, some of which are incorporated in the above locations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
in respect of Optiver Australian domestic entities, you will be primarily responsible for:
- The scheduling, coordination and conduct of relevant board meetings including distributing meeting papers and drafting meeting minutes and resolutions.
- The drafting and circulation of Board and Member written resolutions.
- Meeting relevant statutory/regulatory filing requirements including lodgement of financial statements.
- Maintaining and updating corporate records (including internal filing and document management) such as registers of members, share ledgers, directors and officers, authorised signatories etc, signed meeting minutes and resolutions.
- Checking and preparing company statements along with other necessary notifications.
- Assisting in the upkeep of related internal policies and procedures such as the APAC Corporate Governance and Directors Manual.
- Arranging for and providing relevant induction and ongoing training e.g. for directors in respect of their obligations.
In respect of other APAC companies (in HK, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan) you will also be responsible for some or all of the above company secretarial remit whilst working in conjunction with and coordinating with external company secretarial providers and/or internal individuals in local teams, where applicable.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Legal team and with senior staff across the control functions and business throughout the APAC region as well as counterparts in Europe.
In addition, as the Legal team adopts new technologies such as document management systems to enhance its processes, you will play a key role in implementing these, where relevant to your role.
WHO YOU ARE:
- self-motivated, very well organised and strong on attention to detail
- sufficient maturity to deal with senior business stakeholders
- a legal background is preferred but someone with relevant previous experience will also be considered
- excellent communication skills
- interest in financial markets and or trading
- eagerness to learn; questioning disposition;
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- great experience and an excellent opportunity to expand and design the role and assume greater responsibility for the wider corporate governance issues within a complex business.
- an opportunity to work on a variety of issues and matters across locations and support a thriving and expanding technology and trading business.
- great exposure to senior stakeholders
a range of fantastic employee benefits