As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), you will serve as a strategic partner to senior leaders and managers across the technology function, providing guidance and support on all aspects of human resources. Your primary responsibility will be to align HR initiatives with business objectives, fostering a high-performance culture, driving employee engagement, and ensuring compliance with local labor laws and regulations. You will collaborate with various stakeholders, including the HR team, business leaders, and employees, to deliver effective HR solutions that contribute to the organization's overall success.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Establish strong partnerships with the technology business to understand their strategic objectives, challenges, and talent needs. Proactively provide guidance and support on HR matters to drive the achievement of business goals.
- Enhance employee engagement through efficient management of resignations, terminations, and exit interviews. Identify trends in employee departures to drive improvements.
- Guide managers on performance management processes, including goal setting, performance reviews, feedback, and development plans. Help establish a culture of continuous feedback and coaching to drive employee growth and development.
- Provide guidance and support on employee relations matters, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and investigations.
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws and regulations, working with legal as needed.
- Facilitate the semi-annual calibration process, ensuring it is well-organized and conducted with thoroughness
- Partner with Talent Programs to facilitate impactful onboarding initiatives, including training, mentorship, and check-ins. Conduct in-depth data analysis of these programs, extracting insights to drive strategic HR decisions
- Utilize HR data and analytics to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for improvement. Prepare reports and presentations for senior leaders, highlighting key HR metrics and recommending action plans. Leverage local data experts to develop analytics.
- Collaborate effectively with the mobility team to facilitate smooth employee transfers, creating positive experiences.
- Offer expert guidance to managers and employees regarding Worker’s Compensation, Leaves of Absences, and Workplace Accommodations.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to HR laws and regulations by overseeing the Employee Handbook.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives. Engage in collaborative efforts across the HR team to drive process improvements and successfully execute special projects.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of strategic HRBP experience.
- Knowledge of local labor laws and regulations across multiple states.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives that drive business results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage HR data and metrics to drive insights and decision-making.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex HR issues.
- Professional certifications in HR (e.g., SHRM-SCP, PHR, CIPD) are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
At Optiver, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Optiver recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or other legally protected characteristics.