Enterprise Application Engineer
Optiver's Enterprise Operations team enables our people to work as efficiently as they can and to collaborate on the growing count of global initiatives with as little friction and difficulty as possible. While working closely with our Enterprise, Trading and Business Teams, you will be helping the business operations teams find and deploy the right tools to enable their best work and collaborate on global application migrations in each space. To enable our ambitious goals, you will play a vital role in establishing, automating, integrating and building end-to-end solutions from scratch for business operation needs.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do
- Act as a primary point-of-contact for both technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand their technical requirements and challenges to optimize tasks and to help improve overall user experience
- Be actively involved in change, incident and problem management, own configuration best practices, product evolution planning for all Enterprise Technology applications
- Acting as an end-to-end owner in administering JIRA/Confluence and managing user support, integration and licensing
- Oversee the maintenance and growth of our core collaboration tools that enable our business, technical, and enterprise teams to work together more effectively
- Assist various functions across our business in the technical management of their enterprise, business operation applications such as Greenhouse, Workday and others
- Log investigation and troubleshooting issues based on incoming alerts and user reports
- Develop scripts and programs to optimize and automate manual processes and perform code reviews to help improve code quality
- Perform due-diligence reviews to assess suitability and operability when onboarding external solutions
- Project work from building integration, onboarding third-party solutions and more – driving individual projects from initial planning through to management and success
- Coordinate work with vendors to ensure internal requirements are delivered according to specifications
Who you are
- A demonstrated background in software support, technical application usage and technical troubleshooting
- Experience working with collaboration and business operation applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Workday, Greenhouse and similar products
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting language), SQL and data administration
- The desire to work on a broad range of projects and use various tools to best solve any problem at hand
- A pragmatic, logical thinker with a problem-solving and user-first mentality
- A facilitating and enabling attitude, always striving to find clean and simple solutions to user problems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
- Able to clearly and concisely explain your thoughts through verbal and written communication
- You seek out opportunities to leave your comfort zone and enjoy frequent change
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.
How to Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of Austin?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Skye Garbi-Chapman via [email protected] .
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.