Group Compliance Officer
Optiver are looking for a Compliance Associate to work on a variety of strategic global compliance projects for a market leading trading firm, advising other compliance groups as well as executive and management board
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you’ll do:
As a Group Compliance Associate you will report to the Global CCO and support the team in overseeing the Compliance arrangements in the global Optiver entities. This work will include global strategy, design and execution and the associated performance reporting to our Executive Committee, Supervisory Board and Management Board.
A key part of this role is management of the GCCO business plan and associated metrics; being able to measure, monitor and report on achievements via data, metrics and management information.
In summary, you will:
- Perform various tasks as part of the GCCO team on a broad spectrum of global Compliance and regulatory topics:
- Assist with global Compliance strategy design and implementation;
- Assist with Global Risk Assessment;
- Work collaboratively with local Compliance teams;
- Work collaboratively with other global functions – Risk, Engineering, Legal and Internal Audit;
- Investigate local Compliance practices and make recommendations for coherent global approaches, synergies and best practices with respect to key areas of the Compliance program e.g. – risk assessments, policy approach, surveillance initiatives etc.
- Compile data, metrics and management information;
- Draft Global Policy;
- Participate in Global Working Groups;
- Produce periodic reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Own project delivery in a number of key areas like group training and management reporting.
The GCCO team performs a global function and therefore this role involves a considerable amount of work with our global offices on issues and special projects. There will be some need to travel as part of this role, although not extensively.
Who you are:
- Degree educated with 4+ years of relevant work experience;
- Professional experience within a Compliance function in a financial services firm – preferably sell side or proprietary trading;
- Experience in business management or management of strategic projects;
- Skills in compilation and manipulation of data;
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- An intelligent and pragmatic mind with an ability to identify key risks and issues and solve them with a project-driven and entrepreneurial attitude;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team-player;
- An innovative mindset with a drive to improve processes.
What you’ll get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities