University Relations Manager
Optiver is looking for a highly driven University Relations Manager to join our Campus Recruitment team in the London office. This is an exciting opportunity where you can help shape our key campus engagement points by elevating our UK university relationships and activities, driving us to even greater success.
Who are we:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
What you'll do:
Finding the best campus talent is a year round process, and you will be responsible for ensuring we continue to attract top talent by building new (and strengthening current) university relationships. You will interact regularly with external partners in university career centres, societies and professors as well as with internal stakeholders in the UK and Europe within Recruitment, Trading, Technology and Business Operations. Our Campus Recruitment team supports our hiring needs across London and Amsterdam and, as a University Relations Manager, you will have a wide variety of responsibilities towards this including to:
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with UK target universities and external organisations;
- Plan and execute all on-campus, virtual and onsite activities;
- Utilise our new London office to host onsite events;
- Develop a marketing strategy for each campus season (including, but not limited to, job board postings, targeted emails/mailshots, event follow up strategy, KIT strategy);
- Work with the recruiters to host offer sell days/KIT days for graduates before joining;
- Partner with Communications throughout the year on our external brand offering, events marketing and post event follow up;
- Plan and/or attend larger events and spot sponsorship opportunities to increase our strategic partnerships with university partners;
- Conduct regular travel across the UK, Netherlands and other locations, as needed, to achieve our goals.
Who you are:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree;
- 5+ years of relevant prior experience within campus recruitment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Outstanding service minded focus, with a professional and positive mindset and exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Strong relationship and project management experience;
- Flexibility with regards to working hours, since events and travelling can take place during evenings and weekends;
- Motivated by a high-paced and dynamic working environment, and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks with challenging deadlines.
What you'll get:
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days, plus all UK public holidays
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and continuous training/development
- International transfer opportunities
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.