At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Campus Recruiter, your primary focus will be on hiring for our intern and graduate positions across both Chicago and Austin. We’re looking for a go-getter with a proven track record of creating inventive recruitment strategies – someone who will constantly evaluate how we can identify and convert top talent. Here at Optiver, we’re continually raising the bar on what it means to have a world-class candidate experience. The recruitment world is constantly evolving, and so are we – our teams work in a highly competitive and dynamic landscape, and our recruiters are no different.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As a campus recruiter you will have a wide variety of responsibilities, including:
- Manage full cycle recruiting efforts for intern and graduate roles across Tech and Trading, while staying up to date with campus recruitment trends.
- Partner with internal business partners to develop recruitment strategies and regularly evaluate and improve the hiring processes.
- Gather and evaluate recruitment data to inform strategy decisions and identify new opportunities to reach top grad talent.
- Work alongside our high-performing recruitment team with a focus on finding and hiring the best talent, while providing a great candidate experience.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelors or Master's degree.
- 3-5+ years of experience in graduate recruitment at a growth company in trading, tech or a related industry
- Concise and polished communicator with strong follow-through.
- Drive & motivation; a strong initiative and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build rapport and partnerships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong candidate relationship management skills; ability to close competitive candidates with multiple offers.
- Growth mindset; eagerness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
- This is an in-office role, so requirement to be based out of Chicago, IL or Austin, TX is necessary
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.