WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We now have an IT Data Scientist Internship program commencing in July 2023. As a Data Scientist intern, who loves to solve both data science and technical problems, you will have the opportunity to perform extensive data analysis to implement new algorithms that support and improve our existing models, strategies, and datasets. You'll be exposed to the statistical arbitrage strategies we develop; work with terabytes of market and Optiver internal data; experience our high-powered, computing back-testing and ETL frameworks and much more.
We encourage teammates to challenge each other’s hypothesis. Can it be mathematically improved? Does it exploit a market behavioural pattern? Can it sustain its output goals? Constant testing, analysis, refinement, and innovation ensure our models and strategies remain at the cutting-edge of constantly evolving capital markets – and as our Data Science Intern, you'll play a key role in keeping us there.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Students who are graduating in or after 2024
- Studying a Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similarly technical degree
- Programming experience in any language, with a preference towards Python
- Affinity with data, data analysis and data-processing systems.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, and pay attention to details
- Team players who love working with like-minded peers and are always looking to learn and improve
- Interested in the trading/quantitative finance industry (previous knowledge is not required)
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive internship salary, free accommodation, office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in taking your career to the next level and work on one of the most exciting trading floors in China mainland, apply now via the form below. Applications are open until 10 March 2023.
While we love how bilingual our teams are, be sure to submit the below application materials in English:
- Cover letter (optional)
For any other inquiries, please email [email protected].
Optiver 重视个人信息的保护。请您在提供个人信息给我们之前，认真阅读Optiver China Privacy Notice, 了解我们如何收集及处理您的个人信息。
Personal information protection is of utmost importance to Optiver. Before you provide any personal information to us, we strongly urge you to read Optiver China Privacy Notice for acknowledging how we collect and process your personal information.