Optiver is seeking a passionate and talented Mobility & Immigration Specialist to join our Talent Team. Responsible for providing a world-class experience to ensure that all relocating employees feel supported, heard, and empowered. Working directly with the Talent Team, this role acts as an internal consultant and subject matter expert to managers, recruiters and HR on international and domestic moves ensuring application of appropriate policy, standard procedures, and tax and immigration compliance. This individual will manage a caseload of mobile employees while creating a superior employee experience.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do:
- A consultative partner to employees and hiring managers on available immigration options, internal guidelines, and education on new or changing policies
- Responsible for managing all inquiries regarding global immigration case status and present available options, including displacement or transfer strategies
- Work with key stakeholders to coordinate all immigration implications of domestic and global employee transfers, temporary assignments, and extended business travel
- Consult with internal and external subject matter experts, including management of external immigration attorney relationship relevant to issues affecting employee cross-border movement
- Collaborate in the development of and execute against the global mobility strategy
- Conduct 1:1 conversations with employees to ensure they understand immigration terms and requirements
- Partner with HR generalists, employees and appropriate business leaders to communicate immigration requirements, government procedures, and case processing times
- Develop and implement global mobility policies, procedures, and best practices relating to US immigration and international assignments.
- Provide “White Glove” Employee Experience
- Assist with administrative duties, such as maintaining Public Access Files, monitoring visa expiration dates, drafting travel letters, etc.
- Monitor immigration and mobility compliance and risks
- Initiate and manage all mobility cases inbound into the US, keeping all parties updated as needed
Who you are:
- Strategic, innovative problem solver
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks, be flexible to change, adapt to shifting priorities, and complete last minute requests
- Team player with a high sense of urgency
- Self-directed, detail-oriented individual with a strong passion to contribute to the team's success
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including senior management, on one-to-one basis and in groups
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Minimum 5 years of global mobility tax, international relocation, US immigration, HR, or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.