Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 300 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Senior Enterprise Desktop Engineer who will work with Windows client fleet management and on projects with the IT Infrastructure Services team. As an Enterprise Desktop Engineer, you will have the opportunity to combine your knowledge in customer support and troubleshooting with a problem-solving mindset to solve business issues. You will be expected to identify improvement opportunities to processes and systems and work on implementing solutions to those. You will need to be able to both assist with user and systems related issues and remediate them from reoccurring. Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests
- Own projects from design, through to implementation and documentation
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management
- Deal with a range of trading related systems and equipment in a fast-paced environment
- Automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation
- Build trust and relationships with all users to understand needs and priorities
- Perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ Years of experience in an end user support and enterprise operations role
- Experience with supporting and leading projects related to:
- Microsoft Windows operating system, Office suite, Microsoft stack and associated technologies (AD, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, etc)
- End user and collaboration technologies, such as Zoom, Slack, Confluence, etc.
- Operational experience with VMWare, backup solutions, datastore management, Microsoft Windows server environments, exposure to Basic Network troubleshooting (LAN, WAN, and switches) and understanding of enterprise networks
- Demonstrated experience in management of user access to systems and services, including printers, audio and visual equipment
- Specific experience of SOE image creation and installation (including desktop-unattended)
- Familiarity with provisioning systems such as SCCM
- Genuine passion for IT support, a true love of customer service and a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Please note this role requires the ability to work in shifts and onsite
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch facilities
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.