Are you ready to get your foot in the door at a leading global trading firm? As our Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll work in the heart of Optiver’s Amsterdam trading floor – one of the most exciting and dynamic in Europe. Over the course of eight weeks, you will gain full insight into what it takes to be a Trader at a leading global market maker, and based on your performance could receive an offer to return at the end of your studies. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to kick-start your career in a dynamic and international environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As Optiver’s Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll deep-dive the fundamentals of trading, from theory to financial markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. But you won’t only receive our intensive in-house training – you’ll put your knowledge into practice through simulated trading. Requiring a competitive edge, decisive thinking and bold action, our summer programme is as close as you can get to real trading experience. What’s more: the projects you fully own and develop will be implemented directly into our trading desks, meaning you’ll contribute to our ever evolving strategies. Get ready to test your limits and accelerate your growth in a truly fascinating, high-performance environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- Penultimate year student in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or equivalent, with ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2024
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Fast decision-making skills under pressure
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
- Great attention to detail
- Computer programming skills are not required but definitely a plus
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- An 8 week internship (8th May – 30th June 2023) working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- Competitive salary
- Fully furnished apartment in the city center of Amsterdam
- Awesome social events and outings
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner provided at Optiver, bi-weekly massages & a bicycle to explore Amsterdam
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in starting your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the button below for the position of Trader Intern. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruitment Team at [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected to proceed to the next round for the position of Quantitative Trading Intern, you will be required to complete some online assessments.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
Please note only students currently situated in and studying at a university in Europe, UK or the Americas will be considered for this application
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Important note: Within a week of submitting your application you will receive an online assessment, if eligible. You will have a short timeframe to complete the assessment. By submitting your application you are confirming that you will be able to take the assessment within 5 days.
*We accept one application per role, per year, across all office locations. If you have applied to this role across any of our offices in the last year and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once your 12 month cooling period has concluded.