At Optiver you will find an environment of collaboration and passion for solving challenging problems. As a technology-enabled market maker, we combine diverse skill sets, unique minds and a desire to be better. Our recruitment team must continuously think deeply about how to identify, engage, attract and assess this talent. Experienced technical talent is one of the foundational pillars to our recruitment strategy. That’s where you come in.
In this role, you will be responsible for advancing Optiver’s end-to-end tech recruitment strategy in Chicago to find, attract and hire experienced tech talent.
What you’ll do:
- You'll take ownership of the tech end-to-end recruitment process, including – but not limited to – developing sourcing strategies, mapping and headhunting niche talent, crafting the selection process, reviewing resumes, interviewing and assessing candidates, salary negotiations and closing of candidates
- You'll forge strong partnerships with stakeholders, sourcing and recruitment partners to build robust candidate pipelines
- You’ll design and deliver innovative approaches to source and identify passive talent
- You’ll create, recommend, and implement strategies to tackle problems and build pipelines through sourcing, referrals and research
- You’ll coach, guide and advise stakeholders on hiring processes and consider best practices
- You’ll take a data driven approach to provide insights into the health of the hiring pipeline, provide direction, and training to stakeholders
- You'll be delivering a high-touch experience, from application stage to offer, and demonstrate capability to not only assess cultural add but also represent the culture of the organization
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of experience in the technology or trading recruitment industry and a strong understanding of the competitive landscape today for recruiting talent in the US
- A passion for finding niche talent in a competitive market and a strong curiosity to build your expertise as a recruiter across multiple business domains, continually refining your craft as a recruiter
- Demonstrates strong candidate relationship management by understanding candidate needs and are confident in connecting candidates to the right opportunities
- Proven capability to coach, guide and advise stakeholders on hiring processes and consider best practices
- A data backed mindset, having previously used data to inform decision making with an understanding of recruiting metrics and how to utilize them to influence hiring decisions
- You may have been an agency recruiter, working to find rare, niche talent or have experience as an in-house recruiter, matching a deep understanding of business needs with a knack for finding and attracting exceptional talent
- You are motivated to get results and pride yourself on having a growth mindset
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.