Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Finance Team as an Accounting Intern this summer. In this role, you’ll gain relevant and valuable accounting experience in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment. As an Accounting Intern, you can expect to assist with our month-end close process, support financial reporting & analytics, and prepare deliverables for our annual audit.
- Learn the functions of our Finance Team and develop a deeper understanding of technical accounting by collaborating with team members and actively participating in the preparation of core deliverables
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and work with other departments on special cost analysis projects
- Assist in daily cash management activities and analyze results
- Support our month-end close processes by preparing key financial reports, general ledger reconciliations, and journal entries
- Participate in components of our Accounts Payable process
- Collaborate with team members on ad hoc deliverables and special projects
Who you are:
- Accounting or finance major
- Sophomore or Junior year standing
- Interest in corporate/private accounting
- Ability to work on-site in Chicago
- Successful completion of introduction to accounting coursework
- Proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and keen attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and financial statements; IFRS a plus
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Optiver-covered flights, living accommodations and commuting stipends (where applicable)
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2023.