We looking for Software Engineers to join our growing office in London. You will be responsible for developing our trading platform. A passion for design will be critical for our success as well as your own.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading trading firm driven by technology with over one thousand employees globally. We pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology, running a global network with thousands of high-performance low-latency applications that solve problems and respond to market events in nanoseconds.
Technology at Optiver:
Our Software Engineers work on challenging technical projects, building proprietary trading systems that directly impact the financial markets.
Our software engineering teams leverage technology to solve a variety of difficult problems. Our trading strategies must respond to market events in microseconds or less, and we automatically price large, diverse sets of financial instruments with extremely low error tolerance. We continually refine, store, and analyse terabytes of data produced by market activity and our trading systems. Our user interfaces must present coherent, responsive real-time visualisations of market activity and system performance while providing intuitive control of a highly complex system. Our core systems must provide a stable, performant, and trusted foundation on which our systems are built.
What you'll do:
Being part of our Automated Trading Technology team, you are responsible for the full stack of applications required to run the trading business. Activities range from developing ultra-low-latency exchange protocol encoders and decoders, writing and fine-tuning our automated trading strategies, and helping our monitoring and analysis effort by creating and extending user interfaces to provide the traders with more information and control. You interact closely with traders and researchers to understand the business needs and design effective solutions. Sitting on the trading floor you will be amidst the action and get instant feedback on the results of your work and ramp up our data driven trading.
What you'll need:
- Mastery of one or more OOP languages (e.g. C++, C# or Java) or C;
- The ability and desire to write simple and clean code;
- A solid grasp of computer science, algorithms, memory, and concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems, relational databases;
- A low-level understanding of systems being able to comprehend physical constraints and latency challenges;
- An entrepreneurial attitude with an interest and an affinity to trading problems;
- An ambition to stay on top of things and keep improving.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities