Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for all.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation hub, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation as an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a University of Texas at Austin student interested in working part-time in our Software Engineering Co-op. During this fall Co-op, you’ll complete a hands-on training covering the fundamentals of our trading systems and engineering principles before joining a team to build and release software just like our fulltime engineers.
Who you are:
- Junior or Senior working toward a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical field at UT Austin
- The exact start and end dates of the program are flexible, but you should have the ability to work 20 hours per week minimum during the spring semester. You will get to choose the hours and days you work Monday – Friday – a perfect opportunity to combine work with your studies
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency and systems programming concepts
- Experience coding in C++, C#, C or Java
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders and business operations on a daily basis
- Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
What you’ll get:
- Highly-competitive internship compensation package
- Various office perks, including breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Social events, clubs and much more!
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins next year.