Optiver is looking for a Risk Manager to join our ambitious, results-driven Risk team who is focused on analyzing and improving our Trading risk framework. The ideal candidate has an affinity for financial markets and a strong quantitative and technical background. As a Risk Manager, you will work closely with traders to develop and improve our risk systems, methodologies, and limits. You will be joining a team that is rapidly expanding and helping us identify and implement a long-term vision.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Perform stress tests and analyze the risk of various trading positions (both Macro and Micro)
- Clearly communicate risk data and positions to key internal stakeholders
- Proactively keep track of relevant news that might impact our trading positions and strategies
- Report risk violations to the Head of Risk, CEO, and the Trading department
- Proactively identify, capture and evaluate risk incidents
- Collaborate with trading and software developers to develop and/or maintain risk tools
- Improve and enhance our risk framework
Who you are:
- Prior experience in a market risk or trading role: minimum of 7 years
- A quantitative S.T.E.M degree
- Knowledge of programming or scripting (Python or similar) required
- Candidate should have experience in options and a strong understanding of option theory
- Knowledge of Index and Single Stock options markets and trading strategies
- An understanding of both existing and upcoming regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.