WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates. Optiver’s APAC operations are headquartered in Sydney and support trading activities in Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China. Optiver is proud of its unique organisational culture, which is simultaneously low on formality and bureaucracy and highly focused on performance and innovation.
Founded in 2021, Optiver's Singapore location is our ninth global office. As a fast-growing office, we have the feel of a start-up, but the backing of a large multinational trading firm. In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with
the incorporation Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Shanghai (2012).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an Enterprise Support Engineer who will work with Windows client fleet management and on projects with the IT Infrastructure Services team. As an Enterprise Desktop Engineer, you will have the opportunity to combine your knowledge in customer support and troubleshooting with a problem-solving mindset to solve business issues. You will be expected to identify improvement opportunities to processes and systems and work on implementing solutions to those. You will need to be able to both assist with user and systems related issues and remediate them from reoccurring. Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests
- Own projects from design, through to implementation and documentation
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management
- Deal with a range of trading related systems and equipment in a fast-paced environment
- Automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation
- Build trust and relationships with all users to understand needs and priorities
- Perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards
WHO YOU ARE
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an end user support and enterprise operations role
- Experience with supporting and leading projects related to:
- Microsoft Windows operating system, Office suite, Microsoft stack and associated technologies (AD, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, etc)
- End user and collaboration technologies, such as Zoom, Slack, Confluence, etc.
- Operational experience with VMWare, backup solutions, datastore management, Microsoft Windows server environments, exposure to Basic Network troubleshooting (LAN, WAN, and switches) and understanding of enterprise networks
- Demonstrated experience in management of user access to systems and services, including printers, audio and visual equipment
- Specific experience of SOE image creation and installation (including desktop-unattended)
- Familiarity with provisioning systems such as SCCM
- Genuine passion for IT support, a true love of customer service and a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Please note this role requires the ability to work onsite.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including: an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply.