WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a global market maker founded in Amsterdam, with offices in London, Chicago, Austin, New York, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei and Mumbai. Established in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation our Sydney office in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007), Shanghai (2012) and Singapore (2021). The business in Mumbai is newly established and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy, with an anticipation of significant growth over the coming years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for an experienced Application Engineer, who will own the responsibility of supervising our low-latency trading systems to ensure trading activities are conducted safely and under control. You will co-ordinate incidents, deep dive into technical issues to understand why things break, and drive change to continuously improve the efficiency of the trading environments. Other responsibilities include:
- Review incidents to look for emerging themes, effectively prioritise improvements and drive those changes to better support and automate trading and operating workflows
- Become a specialist in trading environment-specific knowledge, and effectively coordinate across APAC technology teams and other departments in delivering changes, ready for events such as introduction of new products, corporate actions on existing products, or in response to special announcements by trading exchanges
- Own the quality of configuration of the trading environments, set standards and architect them in a way that minimizes the likelihood of mistakes or difficulty in driving change
- Design and architect the deployment of services to maximise reliability of the trading environments, ensuring that they are operating within acceptable performance thresholds
- Understand the broader business needs and translate that into effective planning and coordination of upgrade and expansion of colocation managed services such as sessions, servers, racks and power management
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Application Engineer to be someone with:
- Solid experience in L2/L3 support, supporting complex distributed systems on Linux in a fast-paced environment
- A basic understanding of financial products, trading system architecture and risk/compliance
- Proven knowledge of networking, build & deployment and version control
- Experience with CI/CD tooling
- A systematic and thorough approach in driving improvements.
- Experience reading code and can develop basic Python scripts to help with automation and analysis
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive benefits
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.