WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a global market maker with offices in Amsterdam, London, Chicago, Austin, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Reporting to the China Head of Finance & Tax, you will complement team by:
- Prepare and responsible for month end and year end closing to fulfil both internal reporting under IFRS and external statutory reporting
- Delivery of monthly local management reporting pack, provide analysis and insights over balance sheet and P&L changes
- Operational cost deep dive analysis and reporting by cost centers
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly reforecasts
- Provide support for audits, include both internal & external
- Assist in ongoing development, documentation, and testing of internal controls
- Participate in finance related process optimization and integration projects
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong competency in verbal and written English, with the ability to package information in a clear and concise manner
- Open-minded and dynamic with excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and willing to embrace new challenges and drive continuous improvement within our finance team processes as both Optiver and the role evolves
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in accounting, preferably in multinational corporation/financial industry
- Finance/Accounting degree and a professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACCA etc.)
- Proven experience in automation tooling, keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to define and resolve problems
- Demonstrate leadership skills to manage projects and people
- Strong internal control mindset