Who we are
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in India is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
What you’ll do
As a Finance Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring all internal and external financial reporting and filings for all Optiver’s legal entities are completed accurately, timely and are fully understood in the context of the business’s operations.
- Managing the tax accounting aspects of these entities in partnership with the Tax team (including income tax, GST, transfer pricing).
- Managing the management reporting function. Consistently innovate and evolve these processes and improve related forecasts and budgeting.
- Managing the treasury requirements for the business, ensuring robust cash and capital forecasting, non-trading FX management, optimising cash return / liquidity while maintaining a high standard of control and accuracy.
- Managing the record keeping and operational requirements of Optiver’s banking relationships and controls
- Driving various technology transformations through to smaller process efficiencies. Partnering with other Control teams and global offices to ensure initiatives are best practice and fit for purpose.
- Building and developing the future Finance team, focused on delivering results against ambitious and value driven goals.
- Helping to further enhance the Control Framework across Finance to ensure risks are identified, mitigated, and controlled
Who you are
Optiver needs our next Finance Manager to be someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business.
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Local experience
- Detailed technical accounting, statutory reporting, regulatory capital and taxation rule comprehension with experience in advisory and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in managing small teams to meet deliverables in a high performing environment.
- Strong attention to detail with experience in operational activities
- Intellectually curious and strong ability to challenge the status quo
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, with the ability to package information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
- Proven ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Proven experience in automation tooling, keeping abreast of the latest technological innovations in their field.
What you’ll get
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Competitive benefits
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.