WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a global market maker with offices in Amsterdam, London, Chicago, Austin, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, Optiver is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We have a very exciting opportunity for a professional to join our lean, experienced, and knowledgeable Corporate Strategy team based in Shanghai. You will gain solid experience in business development, trading and operations – from evaluating market opportunities to developing corporate strategies and business planning for Optiver in China. Most importantly, you will have opportunities to cooperate with the best people in a rising financial industry to make an impact as a leader and shape the future of our ETF business and China financial industry. The essence of the daily role requires:
- Be responsible for mapping the ETF industry ecosystem and identifying trends and opportunities.
- Advocate externally for improved market structure and efficiencies to better the China ETF market.
- Collect and share reliable data and information, and present solid analysis for initiating new business initiatives.
- Build and maintain great relationships with external parties, including ETF issuers, brokers, exchanges, and regulators.
- Represent Optiver in the ETF industry through forums, panel discussions, and other industry events.
- Help to shape our China ETF business plan and vision.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to have the below skills and experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related majors.
- To be self-motivated, results driven and commercially minded with at least 10 years’ working experience in the China financial markets, including 5+ years of experience in ETF or fund management industry. Experience in ETF issuers or securities companies will be highly regarded preferred.
- Strong relationshipswith exchanges, regulators, ETF issuers and/or institutional investors (insurance, sovereign wealth funds, asset management, pension funds).
- Expert knowledge of the ETF product, market structure and ecosystem.
- Prior knowledge or desire to learn about market making strategies; basics of pricing, execution and risk management.
- Able to work with people across multiple locations; collaborative; able to work independently.
- Exceptional spoken communication skills; native mandarin speaker; working level English speaker.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Daily office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages.
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.