**GRADUATE & EXPERIENCED**
Optiver is currently looking for analytical, quantitative and curious candidates to join our Risk function which sits on our trading floor. Our ideal candidates are individuals who enjoy working with numbers and are passionate about staying on top of financial markets.
As a Trading Risk Analyst, you'll be responsible for monitoring our ever-changing trading activity across all desks & products. The role covers a range of risk related topics such as Market Risk, Capital & Credit Risk and broader operational improvement projects. Optiver's trading floor in Amsterdam is known as one of the most dynamic and exciting in Europe. As a Trading Risk Analyst, you will be at the forefront of the market, liaising with traders and making important decisions that will have direct impact on Optiver’s P&L.
You will be instrumental in improving our risk frameworks, helping traders make better decisions and gradually be seen as an expert on our trading floor. You will be given meaningful responsibilities early on, such as deciding on the size of our positions and rapid career progression opportunities.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on innovation and continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will start with a 3 month comprehensive training on the fundamentals of trading: theory, markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. Then, you’ll put your knowledge into practice and work on real-time projects that deliver tangible impact right from the start.
The role mainly covers 3 topics:
On the Market Risk side you will be actively involved in helping design and maintain risk frameworks, looking at how our positions fit into that, all whilst taking into account the market environment.
On the Capital side, you will focus on what drives Optiver’s regulatory, clearing and margin requirements. You will dive into models designed by regulators, clearers and exchanges to break down what positions drive Optiver’s requirements. You will design and implement metrics to get clear insights into contributions from trading desks to the different requirements, and how requirements could best be managed if necessary.
On the Credit Risk side, you will be responsible for onboarding and review of our fast-growing number of trading counterparties. You will develop risk frameworks and set limits in close alignment with Trading and other departments.
ROLE EXPECTATIONS CONT.:
- Assisting in the enhancement of risk processes by identifying and evaluating business critical exposures
- Actively contributing to the continuous improvement of our risk frameworks
- Assessing the risk of new trading initiatives and the expansion of current trading strategies
- Monitoring regulatory, clearing and margin requirements and anticipating how they will change based on Optiver’s fast changing positions
- Designing and implementing capital allocation and contribution models
- Following financial markets linking it to current positions and market/credit risk exposures
- Help improve our systems and tools in order to capture data in the most effective way
- Ability to continuously self-reflect and want to improve.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A graduate or professional with up to 4 years of working experience preferably with a degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Econometrics, Finance, Physics or equivalent (STEM)
- You have a keen interest in financial markets
- You have a strong set of analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have a growth mindset being able to admit mistakes, accept feedback and use this to better yourself
- A strong affinity for technology and data handling. Python experience ideally
- You have the ability to work well under pressure / are resilient
- You are detailed oriented
- You can deal with sudden change and therefore be flexible and adapt.
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast, lunch and facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
Based in Amsterdam.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Trading Risk Analyst. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Sophia de Rosnay via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.