Our Chicago team is hiring an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to multiple stakeholders across the business. Our Executive Assistants are resilient team players who provide generalist support to leaders across the business. They support business strategy and know when to kick it up a notch to zoom in on time sensitive deliverables. The Executive Assistant Team is comprised of a Senior Executive Assistant, an Executive Assistant and Executive Administrative Assistant. As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will report to the Senior Executive Assistant and will be responsible for strategic calendar management, arranging candidate travel, and administrative support for the Executive Assistant team.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for comprehensive calendar management for multiple stakeholders including specified team leads and partners
• Schedule meetings that span multiple time zones, anticipating time zone shifts, and proactively resolving scheduling conflicts
• Ability to shift gears quickly and managing evolving priorities
• Comprehensive travel support for key stakeholders. This includes executive management travel, and travel coverage for the EA team if a colleague is out of office
• Arrange travel, hotel, and any other logistics for candidates who require on-site interviews/sell visits
• Complete monthly expense reports
• Additional administrative support as needed
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• A Cover Letter outlining your interest in the position
• 1-3 years of experience in an administrative capacity
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, familiarity with Atlassian software (Jira, Wiki)
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner at all times
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; accept and apply feedback
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
• Strong organizational and time management skills with an emphasis on follow-through
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you’ll get:
• Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
• Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
• Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.