Optiver is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner who wants to challenge themselves by working in the exciting, fast-paced nature of a propriety trading firm. The role will join the HR Business Partnering team based in Sydney and will be primarily supporting the Technology department. You will cover all areas important for the employee life cycle as well as helping design and improve our people processes as we grow. Projects on a global and regional scale will be an opportunity to partner with the business to design and deliver the people agenda for the Technology department.
Who we are
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
What you’ll do
As our Senior HR Business Partner you will be responsible for partnering with the Technology department and driving strategic people agenda items through a variety of initiatives and projects:
- Partner with the APAC Chief Technology Officer and the Technology leadership team to drive and execute the APAC people strategy in the Technology department
- Provide 1:1 coaching to leaders to enhance their development and embed leadership initiatives
- Consult with leaders to partner and execute on people initiatives and activities such as performance management, engagement, reporting, coaching, employee relations, succession planning.
- Provide experienced, commercial, and pragmatic advice and recommended action/s related to employee relations to drive successful outcomes
- Coach and partner with leaders to facilitate and lead organisational change
- Collaborate with the Senior HR Business Partner Team to develop strategic HR initiatives to achieve the APAC people strategy
- Lead, develop, support, implement and embed global, regional and local HR projects and initiatives
- Provide input and support into strategic HR initiatives that streamline and improve the employee life-cycle experience
- Collaborate with the HR Operations team to deliver employee cyclical processes and events e.g. performance management, calibrations, remuneration reviews
- Leverage people data and insights to support business decision making and impact
- Act as the APAC D&I Lead to deliver the global D&I commitment and develop and execute the APAC D&I strategy
- Maintain an understanding of the employment landscape and a view of what's happening on the horizon to stay abreast of local employment legislation
- Co-create and facilitate people related educational sessions and run mandatory training sessions as required
- Act as a mentor to the junior HR team members supporting their development
Who you are
We are looking for a dynamic, highly ambitious self-starter who will bring energy, drive and perseverance to guide the organization in the right direction.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in a strategic business partnering role
- Strong experience in employee relations and case management
- Track record of building key stakeholder relationships, influencing great business outcomes and coaching quality conversations
- Exposure to developing key people strategies, leading projects and delivering results through these initiatives.
- Involvement in performance management, goal setting and coaching
- Experienced in organizational development with a focus on communication skills, change management, leadership development, systems and thinking.
- Strong capability to partner with leaders in driving a high-performance culture, diversity and inclusion and mental health and wellbeing across the organization.
What you’ll get
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.