From its Commodities headquarters in London, Optiver is seeking an experienced Systematic Commodities trader to lead / assist in the build out of the new desk. This is a greenfield site opportunity with the potential to have significant impact in the firm. To excel, you will have access to world class trading tech and be supported by top talent globally. You will be granted freedom to steer the growth of the business and work within Optiver’s renowned highly collaborative environment.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by providing liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing Commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you’ll do:
Set up a new systematic commodities trading desk.
This will include:
- Development and production of systematic options and/or futures strategies
- Ownership of strategies’ PnL
- Use of fundamental and price/volume features to build alphas in commodities markets
- Working with other departments to build adequate risk management frameworks
- Collaborating with existing trading desks to leverage Optiver knowledge and infrastructure
- Helping hire the right talent to expand the team: traders, analysts, researchers
- Training junior traders that join the desk
Who you are:
- Experience trading systematic commodities strategies
- Proven experience developing successful alphas/models
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in building a trading business
- A track record in risk-taking and risk management
- Coding and data science proficiency, ability to clean data and conduct research independently
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and players in the systematic commodities space
What you’ll get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits
- Competitive remuneration via our performance based bonus structure. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.