WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a global tech-driven trading firm, with offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chicago and Austin. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Founded in 2005, Optiver’s Taipei location is our fourth global office. With solid trading experiences, the Taipei office has a steady growth in terms of its revenue and trading volume, and we have continued to work on improving the liquidity and making impact on the Taiwan market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Office Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the office and the office experience. From implementing OHS processes and procedures to maintaining the building and organising office events and benefits as well as supporting the Executives in the company. This role would suit a dynamic individual who’s confident in dealing with stakeholders, working autonomously, and with a goal to taking on more project-based work.
As a highly visible and interactive role, this person will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to develop an office environment that aligns to our culture of high performance. The main responsibilities include:
- Executing all office operations initiatives, including –
- Facility management including OSH;
- Front of house and receptionist duties;
- Coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements; organisation of internal and external events to a high standard;
- Office administration; management of office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels; management of office tidiness.
- Carrying out Executive Assistant duties for the management at Optiver Taiwan, including –
- Calendar management, meeting coordination, agenda creation, minute taking and subsequent reporting, collation and distribution of reports and meeting packs;
- Travel arrangement, including agenda planning and submit expense report;
- Supporting HR operations and coordination, including campus event logistics, interview scheduling and HR administrative report;
- Helping to coordinate the broader team to improve efficiency, both assisting and independently managing important projects in this vein.
- Provide oversight on all aspects of space planning, tracking and reporting on occupancy/capacity;
- Manage the performance of all third-party service providers across office operations to ensure providers are delivering against service level agreements;
- Oversee the office operations budget ensuring the proper procedures are in place to track, analyse and report costs and ensuring optimum value is provided;
- Co-ordination of HR related administration; management of employee benefits;
- Provide ad-hoc office administration where necessary such as printing, binding, errands, postage and couriers.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this role you will be required to have previous experience as an Office Manager and possess a strong background in a fast-paced environment. With a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience you will be able to provide clear examples of contributing successfully to your prior organisations.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong administration and organisational skills;
- Experience with facilities management and proven EA experience;
- Understanding of building infrastructure fundamentals;
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Solutions focussed and proactive in suggesting improvements and implementing new initiatives to drive the business forward;
- High resiliency to competing priorities and uncompromising focus on quality;
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate clearly, concisely and with confidence;
- Excellent English & Mandarin written and verbal communication to interact with varied stakeholders within and outside Optiver;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel);
- License: Taiwan Occupational Health and Safety Affairs Manager (Category C) qualification is a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym subsidy and weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.