WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the largest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
The Finance team provides reliable and timely management information that lays the foundation to drive business decisions at Optiver. The team consists of twelve finance professionals who are responsible for accounting, controlling and (regulatory) reporting. Although each team member may focus on specific topics, we work together to achieve our goals, supporting each other on a daily basis.
As we are strong believers of continuous development of both the organisation and individuals it is also our goal to further improve the team dynamics. Ultimately forging a team that is self-sufficient in its daily operations and continuously provides its own natural successors for all positions. Providing a learning and growth experience from both a technical capabilities and a soft skills perspective for all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Head of Finance, you will manage the Finance function for our European business unit.
We are looking for a pragmatic self-starter, with excellent people management, communication, and stakeholder engagement skills. Your clear understanding of “what constitutes excellence” drives your decision-making, while your ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-learning environment ensure your success within our collaborative team. In short, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing a team of 12 FTE in the Finance department.
- Being responsible for management reporting and financial planning.
- Shaping and executing the future of finance vision and driving transformation projects.
- Spearheading the technological transformation of the finance team across both a local and global scale.
- Providing necessary financial insights for business projects and initiatives.
- Managing regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensuring the quality of our financial reporting.
- Fostering and maintaining a robust control framework and mindset within the team.
- Overseeing non-trading cash and treasury management.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An academic degree in accountancy, economics or equivalent.
- Experience in managing finance teams.
- Strong interest in financial markets and knowledge of derivatives, particularly options.
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience, including significant tenure inBig 4 firms.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in P&L reporting, accounting oversight, and financial planning and analysis.
- Proven track record of managing external audits.
- Demonstrated expertise in automation and staying up to date with the latest technological advancements.
- The ability to pre-empt and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Experience working in an international environment.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Head of Finance. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Eleni Katzilieri via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Please note, if you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of Head of Finance, you may be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.