Optiver's Enterprise Operations team enables our people to work as efficiently as they can and to collaborate on the growing count of global initiatives with as little friction and difficulty as possible. While working closely with our Enterprise, Trading and Business Teams, you will be helping the business operations teams find and deploy the right tools to enable their best work and collaborate on global application migrations in each space. To enable our ambitious goals, you will play a vital role in establishing, automating, integrating and building end-to-end solutions from scratch for business operation needs.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Based in ‘The Domain’ neighborhood, Optiver’s Austin office serves as the firm’s innovation nucleus, with a strong focus on quantitative research, software and hardware engineering initiatives. With tech innovation an integral part of our core business, the booming city proved an ideal backdrop for our heavy investment into machine learning, research infrastructure and big data computing. What’s more, with world-class music, food and art scenes, as well as countless scenic outdoor activities, the quality of life for Austin Optiverians is second to none.
What you’ll do
As a Collaboration Engineer at Optiver, you will oversee the maintenance and growth of our core internal collaboration tools that enable Business, Technical, and Enterprise Teams to work together more effectively. You will own our Atlassian stack as a primary responsibility and eventually grow into other areas of our infrastructure team.
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact in order to optimise tasks, task management and user experiences
- Provision backups and compliance retention for user collaboration tools
- Own configuration best practices, product evolution planning, and server-side troubleshooting
- Jira workflow standardization, limiting the number of custom fields, plugin review and decision-making,
- Design and maintain communications tools spanning email, instant messaging, task management (JIRA), mobile device management, VC, telephone services, and video conferencing.
- Acting as an end-to-end owner in administering Jira and Confluence
- Manage these systems in regards to user support, integration and licensing
Who you are
- You have a problem-solving and continuous improvement mindset with an interest in Infrastructure-as-Code practices
- Experience with at least language used for automation (Python, bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience creating user-facing documentation for training and improve user experience for Atlassian services
- A demonstrated background in software support, technical application usage and technical troubleshooting
- Experience working with software support tools in Atlassian application infrastructure such as JIRA, Confluence or similar products
- Strong communication skills to work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
- A problem-solving and user-first mentality
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.