We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer to be the main point of contact for IT Infrastructure related questions and projects for the local office. As a member of the Enterprise Infrastructure team at Optiver, you'll be working with passionate and curious colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Our industry is fast moving and innovative, and so are we.
WHO WE ARE
Optiver is a global tech-driven trading firm, with offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, London, Singapore, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chicago and Austin. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
In Asia Pacific (APAC), Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007), Shanghai (2012) and Singapore (2021).The business in Mumbai is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years, with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Enterprise Infrastructure Engineers work closely with Trading and other Engineering teams to understand the business problems we face and build the solutions to meet them. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our systems. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
- You will be part of a small and fast-paced Enterprise Infrastructure team, supporting services and users across APAC, Europe and the US on a wide range of solutions, mostly Microsoft related.
- You will be part of the team who owns our large Windows Servers and Clients fleet and you will be responsible for the SOE management of those including deployment, packaging, patching and configuration management.
- You will be responsible for projects, of all sizes, and will own these projects from conception to completion.
- You will have the opportunity to identify improvement opportunities on our environment and to architect and deploy end-to-end solutions to those, focusing on simplicity and automation.
- You will be part of our coverage roster and will assist with basic support and troubleshooting of other IT infrastructure disciplines, including Linux and networks. This also includes working on end-user requests and servicing alerts raised by our monitoring systems.
- You will automate, standardize and allow users to self-service processes via scripting, systems and creating quality documentation.
- You will build trust and relationships with the all users in order to understand needs and priorities.
- You will perform periodic audits to the environment enforcing security and standards.
- This is a very hands-on, high impact and high-performance role. You will see the results of your work immediately and have a direct impact on the company.
WHO YOU ARE
Optiver needs our next Infrastructure Engineer to be someone who:
- Has 15yrs+ experience in an Enterprise or Windows Infrastructure Engineering role or related.
- Might be a Lead, a Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer or a Windows Engineer who is looking to have ownership and responsibility for high impact work.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality solution designs and implementations and managing large IT projects.
- Has specific experience in support for complex infrastructure and assist with escalations coming from the user support team.
- Has experience working on Microsoft full stack, both on-prem services (Active Directory stack, Exchange, SQL, RDS, SCCM, SCOM and PowerShell scripting) and Microsoft 365 Online Services (Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Teams and Intune).
- Has experience working with VMware vSphere, Cisco switches, Linux and enterprise backup technologies.
- Has experience acting as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests.
- Has experience in assisting with racking and stacking of data centre equipment.
- Knows how to build trust and relationships with the all users in order to understand needs and priorities.
- Has experience performing periodic audits to the environment, and enforcing security and standards.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment.
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure.
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities.
- Competitive benefits.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.