WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a global market maker with offices in Amsterdam, London, Chicago, Austin, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taipei. Founded in 1986, today we are a leading liquidity provider, with close to 2,000 employees in offices around the world, united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world in various financial instruments, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign currencies.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets. With the culture of a start-up but the backing of a 35+ year-old trading firm, the Optiver Shanghai office is truly unique. Everyone who joins us will help shape the future of our company and its global impact. Get ready: we are only just beginning.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON:
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Data SRE to join the Data team in China. The role works closely with Data Engineer, primarily focused on the entire data lifecycle management and oversee the design, deployment, and maintenance of high-quality data delivery systems.
The role is also responsible for long term development of the data quality monitoring platform, which technologies to use and how to better automate the creation and actioning of alerts.
The role is moving fast and varied, with plenty of opportunities to make our business more resilient and enable a high velocity of change.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate adhoc trading data release/generation requests.
- Manage data change and deployment processes using standardized tools, ensuring the daily release, backfill release, and adhoc release of data. Security & environment segregation is also key part of the management.
- Take ownership of the configuration and scheduling of data jobs, establishing standards and architectural guidelines to minimize errors and facilitate efficient change management.
- Handle data incident management, monitoring, validation, and alerting.
- Serve as the initial point of contact to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues.
- Develop automation tools to standardize and streamline processes, enabling scalability and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Broad technical knowledge, particularly with respect to the processing and exploration of data and an affinity for learning about new technologies.
- A passion for automation and continual improvement, with a track record of identifying high value automation opportunities.
- Intense focus on improving system availability and resilience through testing, standardisation and automation.
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues across teams and geographies.
- Systematic and methodical approach to problem-solving and debugging.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with coding in Python
- Experience working with a variety of data storage and manipulation tools such as SQL, Pandas.
- Experience with various ETL/ELT technologies such as Airflow / Prefect / Spark.
- Experience with Kafka cluster management is a plus
- Experience with Databricks is a plus
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
In return for you joining our elite team, you will be offered a competitive salary package as well as access to a plethora of Optiver-perks. To hear more about what it is like to work here and our great culture, apply now and take the first step towards the best career move you will ever make!