Optiver's Enterprise Operations team enables our people to work as efficiently as they can and to collaborate on the growing count of global initiatives with as little friction and difficulty as possible. While working closely with our Enterprise, Trading and Business Teams, you will be helping the business operations teams find and deploy the right tools to enable their best work and collaborate on global application migrations in each space. To enable our ambitious goals, you will play a vital role in establishing, automating, integrating and building end-to-end solutions from scratch for business operation needs.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office. Since 1996, our Sydney location has gone from five traders to more than 400 driven, dedicated team members from all over the world.
What you’ll do
- Act as a primary point-of-contact for both technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand their technical requirements and challenges to optimize tasks and to help improve overall user experience
- Be actively involved in change, incident and problem management, own configuration best practices, product evolution planning for all Enterprise Technology applications
- Acting as an end-to-end owner in administering JIRA/Confluence and managing user support, integration and licensing
- Oversee the maintenance and growth of our core collaboration tools that enable our business, technical, and enterprise teams to work together more effectively
- Assist various functions across our business in the technical management of their enterprise, business operation applications such as Greenhouse, Workday and others
- Log investigation and troubleshooting issues based on incoming alerts and user reports
- Develop scripts and programs to optimize and automate manual processes and perform code reviews to help improve code quality
- Perform due-diligence reviews to assess suitability and operability when onboarding external solutions
- Project work from building integration, onboarding third-party solutions and more – driving individual projects from initial planning through to management and success
- Coordinate work with vendors to ensure internal requirements are delivered according to specifications
Who you are
- A demonstrated background in software support, technical application usage and technical troubleshooting
- Experience working with collaboration and business operation applications such as JIRA, Confluence, Workday, Greenhouse and similar products
- Experience with Python (or similar scripting language), SQL and data administration
- The desire to work on a broad range of projects and use various tools to best solve any problem at hand
- A pragmatic, logical thinker with a problem-solving and user-first mentality
- A facilitating and enabling attitude, always striving to find clean and simple solutions to user problems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike
- Able to clearly and concisely explain your thoughts through verbal and written communication
- You seek out opportunities to leave your comfort zone and enjoy frequent change
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable accommodations during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.