Optiver’s Equity Options Trading team is looking for a Grad Equity Analyst to drive our fundamental research-driven trading. Ideal candidates are self-starters, have a competitive mentality, and are excited by the opportunity to bring their knowledge and skills to a growing team.
Having a determined and proactive risk-taking mindset is essential to perform well in this role. As an Equity Analyst, you will play a critical role on our team and have the opportunity to make a material impact to the firm’s PnL. You will sit directly on the trading desk, where you will be able to influence trading decisions and positions on a daily basis. In addition, you will have the ability to put research-driven trading positions in your own book for PnL attribution.
Who we are:
At Optiver, our mission is to improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we play an active role in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for all participants. We tackle the toughest problems, challenge the status quo and always aim for excellence. As one of the largest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner on 70+ exchanges across the globe.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the derivatives trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
As Optiver’s Equity Analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging current events and your research experience to impact the team’s trading decisions. As a member of our team, you will work in close collaboration with Traders, Researchers and Data Scientists to creatively solve problems and identify new trading opportunities.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Identify fundamental-driven trade opportunities and work with traders to capture these opportunities, focusing on maximizing your impact on overall desk PnL
- Perform scenario analysis for relevant upcoming events and analyze time sensitive headlines for companies within your coverage sector(s) and predict their influence on volatility and/or stock price
- Assist in the growth of our fundamental research team through various avenues (i.e. creating processes to monetize fundamental-driven trading ideas)
Who you are:
- Current student graduating with a bachelor’s or master’s between December 2023 and June 2024
- Someone with a willingness to pursue the CFA program
- Has a genuine interest in financial markets and fundamental analysis
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Is superior with time management, organizational and multitasking skills
- Has the ability to work under the guidance of mentors and develop fundamental research-driven ideas
- Has strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Possesses computer programming skills (preferred, but not required)
- Able to both think independently and work collaboratively
- A driven and determined individual
- Has a willingness to learn new techniques/skills and teach others
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Additionally, you’ll get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully-paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and much more.
*We accept one application per role per year. If you have previously applied to this position during this season and have been unsuccessful, you can reapply once the next recruitment season begins in 2024.