Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
We aim to hire smart people so they can tell us what best to do. Your job within the Compliance Department at Optiver is what you will make of it, but your tasks and responsibilities will at least include:
- Performing risk-based desk compliance reviews considering the different regulations, policies, controls and risk of each desk, in cooperation with the trading and sales advisory teams and the relevant trading team leads;
- Performing theme-based target reviews, specially focusing on market abuse and including analysing large sets of market and trade data to detect and evaluate unwanted trading patterns, and assess potential risks with appropriate mitigation and follow-up;
- Performing monitoring of key compliance controls and processes, such as AML, regulatory reporting and position limits;
- Assisting the trading and sales advisory team in the maintenance of and improvements to the internal control framework,
- Building a maintaining the desk review plan and remedial actions, as part of the broader monitoring and surveillance plan;
- Identifying, in collaboration with the trading and sales advisory teams, risk themes and review areas based on the compliance risk assessment results and other internal and external inputs;
- Collaborating and steering the further development of the compliance monitoring and surveillance function globally;
- Documenting and structuring the monitoring and surveillance plan and associated management reporting;
- Contribute or lead inquiries from regulators and exchanges;
- Assisting on the calibration and review of market abuse surveillance systems and the performance of the market abuse risk assessment;
- Supporting and materially contributing to the team’s development, supporting the juniors and improve the integration of the team;
- Horizon scan for emergent regulatory, conduct, or market structure risks and collaborate on designing reviews to capture such risks;
- Present and drive change where remedial actions and improvements are identified, ensuring stakeholder accountability
- Collaborate across the organization from trading to audit to effect the compliance monitoring program
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in compliance in global markets or investment banking, with 2+ years’ experience in compliance monitoring, including scoping, design and implementation of compliance monitoring activities;
- A keen interest in financial markets, trading and technology;
- Sound knowledge on SEC/CFTC regulations (including Reg SHO and 15c3-5) and CME, FINRA and OCC exchange rules;
- Experience working at or with exchanges and regulators would be a big plus;
- An affinity for technology and data handling;
- An analytical and investigative mind with a good eye for detail but never forgetting the bigger picture;
- A pro-active, assertive and results-driven attitude;
- Strong sense of integrity and the ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment
- Master(s) in Finance, Economics, Law or other relevant academic studies is a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.