Our Enterprise Infrastructure team is responsible for Storage, our Fibre Channel Network, our VMware environment, back-up systems and all Windows Servers. They are adept at taking industry solutions and customizing them to create a best-in-class infrastructure. You will help enable our technology evolution while ensuring the availability and performance of our systems. We are looking for a talented End User Computing Engineer to join them and work across a host of challenges.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you'll do:
- Design and configure Microsoft and VMware Horizon remote desktop environments;
- Contribute to our Disaster Recovery and Business continuity practices from an end user perspective;
- Be considerate of hardening our security landscape;
- Automate and improve the deployment of our desktop infrastructure;
- Fixing incidents, solving technical ad hoc problems, performance monitoring and managing the system capacity.
Who you are:
- Strong knowledge of remote protocols (RDP, VMware Blast) and virtualization technologies;
- Confident with PowerShell automation;
- Proficiency in Windows Server, Windows Desktop and Active Directory;
- Experience with Intune and SCCM;
- Self-motivated, independent worker who thrives in a dynamic team;
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills;
- Thrives in a continuous improvement focused environment, with a clear sense of ownership and accountability;
- You embrace feedback and believe in a no-blame culture.
What you'll get:
The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below for the position of End User Computing Engineer Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Theo Schneider via [email protected]. Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
If you are selected from your application to proceed to the next round for the position of End User Computing Engineer you will be required to take an online assessment.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.