WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is global electronic market maker. We use our own capital, at our own risk, to trade on major financial markets around the world, 24 hours a day. We aim to always provide prices for a wide range of products including listed derivatives, equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange. As such, we have no clients but provide liquidity services to the financial markets on which we trade. We do this by developing our own trading strategies and systems, using originally developed code and cutting-edge technology.
Optiver Asia Pacific represents one of three business units of the Optiver group (the others being Europe and the US). The Asia Pacific business unit includes the following locations: Sydney (regional headquarters); Hong Kong; Shanghai; Singapore and Taipei. The business in Singapore is newly created and deemed to be an integral part of the APAC strategy over the coming years with anticipation of significant growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
As an Interest Rate Flow Trader/Market Maker, you will trade across target markets as part of a collaborative team with access to best in class systems and tools.
- Create, validate and implement ideas that have a direct and measurable impact on trading strategy performance
- Construct multi-asset curve models and research their dynamics in order to trade financial instruments, such as bonds, bond futures and interest rate swaps
- Work as part of a trading, research and development cross-functional team
- At least five years of experience trading fixed income products
- Strong understanding of market structure and trading opportunities in the interest rates space in at least one market in Asia (including Japan)
- Experience managing a positional interest rates book, warehousing risk and identifying discrete opportunities
- Experience with an analytic statistics system, such as R, Matlab, or Python
- Familiarity with key factors in constructing multi asset-curve models, such as convexity bias, credit spreads, future-cash basis, and asset specific convention
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Optiver encourages Singaporean nationals and Permanent Residents to apply. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process, we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.