Executive Assistant – Technology
Are you ready for the next step in your career and like the idea of joining a fast-paced, dynamic and international trading company? Is communicative, self-starter and organized how you would describe yourself? Then you might be the new Executive Assistant we’re looking for.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Over 35 years ago, Optiver’s business started with a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Stock Exchange. Since our 1986 founding, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has grown into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs and foreign exchange.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
At Optiver, no two days are the same. In your role as Executive Assistant – Technology your primary focus will be to support our CTO and the Technology Team Leads. This is a completely new role within Optiver, a role you can build and really make your own. Have a great idea? You will have the freedom and resources to make it happen – this is your opportunity to operate with a great deal of autonomy and make an impact.
In short, as Executive Assistant – Technology your responsibilities will include:
- Comprehensive diary management support of the CTO and Technology Team Leads
- Making travel arrangements (booking flights, accommodation, etc.)
- Collate information and produce presentations and papers for meetings
- Complete monthly expense reports
- Co-ordination of HR related administration
- Act as ambassador for the technology department, particularly during times the team leads are absence from the business (i.e. when travelling) ensuring that the technology team leads are fully appraised of any important developments
- Administer and oversee tasks of direct reports ensuring that they are carried out to an acceptable standard
- Liaise with internal and external overseas clients, particularly based in the US and Asia
- Co-ordinate internal and external events, from team building to client relationship building events
- Project manage in-house ad-hoc projects, which include definition and planning of projects to execution and go live dates
- Support the delivery of business strategy
- Attend internal and external meetings in order to take comprehensive minutes and actions when required
WHO YOU ARE:
Optiver needs our next Executive Assistant – Technology to be someone with:
- An academic degree
- Proven previous experience as an EA/PA
- Proven Project Management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Outlook
- Excellent understanding of organizational processes
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
- Service-oriented mindset and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own as well as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet manner at all times
- A results-driven mindset, self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to start your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry.
- 25 paid vacation days
- Fully paid first-class commuting expenses
And many more like training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in furthering your career in one of the most dynamic and exciting trading companies?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Management Assistant – Technology. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact our Recruiter Eleni Katzilieri via [email protected] Please note, we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
Kindly note that we do not require any assistance from third-parties including agencies in the recruitment of this role.
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.