Optiver is looking for a Procurement Analyst to help enable and advance the business’ technology strategy in an operationally sound and cost effective manner. The Procurement function, within the TechOps team, drives strategic initiatives to ensure Optiver is buying goods and services in the most efficient way at the most competitive prices. We firmly believe in balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth.
As a member of the Procurement team, you will individually drive a variety of purchasing initiatives, working with both internal and external stakeholders to purchase goods and services, reconcile our spend and be a steward of Procurement and Finance controls, and ensure that procurement processes operate efficiently and add continually add more value to the business. You will also collaborate with other members of the Procurement team to analyze our spend and find areas where we can optimize costs by improving how we buy critical tech components, determining what the optimal price point is for needed goods and services. If you are interested in gaining experience in both the business and technical sides of a market making trading firm while gaining Procurement experience, this role will provide that opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Daily Procurement Operations – Purchase goods and services needed by the business – working with A/P, Legal, technical teams, and vendors to procure hardware, software, and services in a standardized fashion. Lead proactive communication with internal stakeholders with updates on expected timelines and progress of purchase requests
- Reconciliation Process – Own the reconciliation processes of all procurement-owned spend. Investigate and dispute any discrepancies in a streamlined manner. Liaise with Finance, Accounts Payable & Tax to ensure we are paying the right amounts, to the right vendors, at the right time
- Vendor Relationship Management –Work with vendors to remediate any issues in the supply chain that may impact goods and service fulfillment. Lead point on vendor billing-related issues to ensure prompt resolution
- Spend Analytics & Reporting – Review and analyze spend to identify trends, patterns, and areas for cost optimization. Create value-add metrics from our spend data to share with owners, to ultimately equip the business for better decision-making
- Process Development – Design and implement continuous updates to the Procurement and reconciliation processes in an effort to make the process more efficient and mature. Identify inefficiencies and build project plans to address and improve user experience
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 yrs experience in Procurement, supply chain, operations, finance or management consulting
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple processes simultaneously
- Strong risk awareness and the ability to identify and escalate imminent risks
- Ability to identify and resolve operational inefficiencies
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience working in a technical environment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for
employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global electronic market maker specializing in pricing, execution and risk management. Working together, our traders and software engineers design proprietary systems and execute strategies to provide liquidity and increase market efficiencies.
Put simply, we improve the markets. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being. It requires intelligence, obviously. But in this industry, that’s table stakes. We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.