An exciting opportunity now exists for a self-motivated, ambitious individual with at least 1-5 years’ experience to join the team as the organisation continues to grow.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. As an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, and Japan exchanges, we act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Compliance is an independent control function and business partner to enable Optiver to grow and take business opportunities, while ensuring the firm grows. Our core goal is to ensure the business operates in accordance with regulations, laws and market requirements that apply to Optiver's business, and within Optiver's risk appetite. Your responsibilities will include:
- Review, synthesise and communicate regulatory and industry updates that impact Optiver's business.
- Provide training to various stakeholders in the business.
- Coordinate Compliance monthly reporting to CCO and directors.
- Monitor, coordinate and submit regulatory and external filings, notices and submissions, accurately and on time.
- Manage internal approvals processes.
- Have good stakeholder communication and management skills.
- Contribute to the provision of Compliance advice.
- Challenge the effectiveness of our Compliance controls and contribute to their improvement.
- Assist Compliance staff with reviewing and maintaining the Optiver's policies and procedures.
- Contribute to surveilling and monitoring firm-wide trading and communications.
- Liaise and communicate with various teams including trading, technology and operations.
WHO YOU ARE:
Motivation, drive and high potential is more important than content knowledge alone. We will support the right person to develop their awareness of our business, markets, and trading strategies. Depending on the level of experience, we see this role growing to be a key member of a high performing Compliance team.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 1-5 years of work experience preferably in Compliance, Audit, or Legal function
- Exposure to Compliance or risk control framework enhancement
- Structured and pragmatic approach to solving problems.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.