Service Desk Engineer
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 36 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With a focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Since its establishment in 2012, our Shanghai office is a rapidly growing participant in the Chinese markets, Trading exchange-listed futures, options and equities in China mainland. Our Vision is to become the trusted partner in the development of Chinese financial markets.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Service Desk Engineer who will work with Windows client fleet management and on small projects with the Services team. As a Service Desk Engineer, you will have the opportunity to combine your knowledge in customer support and troubleshooting with a problem-solving mindset to solve business issues. You will be expected to identify improvement opportunities to processes and systems and work on implementing solutions to those. You will need to be able to both assist with user and systems related issues and remediate them from reoccurring. Other responsibilities include:
- Act as the first point of contact for users seeking support or placing requests
- Log and work on incident tickets, user requests and systems alert management
- Involvement in IT projects
- Manage the facility equipment and work with vendors to fix the issues
- Deal with a range of trading related systems and equipment in a fast-paced environment
- Build trust and relationships with all users to understand needs and priorities
Who you are
- 1+ years of experience working in Service Desk related role
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating system, Office suite, Microsoft stack and associated technologies (AD, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, etc) and exposure to Basic Network troubleshooting (LAN, WAN, and switches)
- Demonstrated experience in management of user access to systems and services, including printers, audio and visual equipment
- Strong PC hardware and operating system troubleshooting
- Good to have the knowledge for provisioning systems such as SCCM
- Genuine passion for IT support, a true love of customer service and a can-do attitude
- Quickly learning for facility devices and system to work with vendors to fix the issues
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
What you’ll get:
- The chance to work alongside best-in-class professionals
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Daily office breakfast, lunch, snacks etc.
- Sponsored gym membership, sports and leisure activities, plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Regular social events, clubs and Friday afternoon drinks
As an intentionally flat organization, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.