Senior Tax Accountant
Optiver is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant with corporate experience to join our Chicago Tax team. As Senior Tax Accountant, you will have the opportunity to be part of a collaborative team working in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You will gain exposure to a broad spectrum of tax challenges and topics such as tax accounting (ASC 740), corporate and partnership tax, international tax, state and local tax, global mobility, transfer pricing, sales use and lease tax, audit defense, and position documentation.
The ideal candidate for this role is ambitious, eager to learn (both technical and business issues) and a proactive self-starter.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 70+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
Optiver Chicago’s culture parallels the energetic city we’re immersed in. Home to the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Board Options Exchange, and Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Chicago has established itself as the trading capital of the US. Active on leading US exchanges, Optiver’s Chicago office trades a wide range of products from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare monthly tax provision and corresponding tax adjustment calculations
- Prepare quarterly estimated Federal and State Income tax calculations.
- Work closely with Optiver’s Finance team to maintain tax information in the general ledger
- Liaise with Optiver’s third party tax advisors to complete US and international tax compliance
- Assist in drafting tax position memos
- Assist with the preparation of transfer pricing calculations
- Aid in audit defense, including responding to information requests and notices
- Timely and accurately calculate sales, use and lease taxes
- Perform ad hoc tax research on a wide array of topics
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or tax and 3+ years of related experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to organize and interpret data
- Ability to stay organized
- Flexible when faced with changing/competing priorities
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
What you’ll get:
- Work alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Performance based bonus structure that is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Ownership over initiatives that directly solve business problems.
Alongside this you will get great other benefits such as 25 paid vacation days and market holidays, fully paid commuting expenses and health insurance, daily breakfast and lunch, training opportunities, 401(k) match up to 50% and charitable match opportunities, regular social events and clubs, and many more.