Optiver are looking for a Compliance Officer to work in a fast-paced environment working closely with the traders in order to advise trading decisions across our FX and Commodity businesses.
Who we are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm. Optiver UK is located in a city that bridges European, Asian and American time zones, connecting our regional offices and embracing a truly global mindset. With more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages, London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and is home to some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets that attract people from all over the globe.
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be responsible for developing and utilising your understanding of our trading operations from the front to back-end to be our compliance subject matter expert in relation to Optiver’s FICC business. Specifically, you will:
- Provide trading floor and regulatory advice to Optiver’s Commodities, Fixed Income and FX traders;
- Draft polices and guidance on compliance matters applicable to the business;
- Design and deliver training to the relevant trading desks;
- Review and assessing business development initiatives and strategic projects in an accurate but pragmatic manner to enable the business to grow in a controlled environment;
- Review and assess changes in the regulatory framework as applicable to the business;
- Contribute or lead inquiries from regulators and exchanges;
- Support the surveillance teams on the analysis and review of escalations and other internal investigations;
- Maintain strong relationships with other compliance team members and other functions globally;
- Assist in the preparation of other regulatory filings, including responses to inquiries.
Who you are:
- 5+ years’ compliance related experience in a derivatives trading environment;
- A team player with a pro-active and results-driven personality;
- Experience in US listed derivatives (CME, ICE, OCC) is a strong plus;
- Experience working within a global firm to evidence understanding across jurisdictions;
- Have an exceptional understanding of US and UK/EU trading rules;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trusted relationships;
- Fast learner able to make quick decision in a very structured manner;
- Strong work ethic & ability to contribute to the Compliance team in various areas;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you’ll get:
At Optiver UK, you will be part of a well-established and high-performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grow, the opportunity to make a global impact and take your career to a new level expands with it. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days (plus UK public holidays)
- Daily onsite breakfast and lunch
- Paid commuting expenses (home to office)
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private medical insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training, conference attendance and continuous learning opportunities
- International transfer opportunities
How to apply:
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Should there be a potential match, a member of our team will reach out sooner rather than later. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities