Market Risk Analyst
An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic Market Risk Analyst to join the growing team at Optiver Singapore. To keep us at the forefront of an ever-changing trading environment, you’ll create and improve our current risk framework and monitoring tools. You’ll analyse risk and market data to solve practical problems.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Founded in 2021, Optiver's Singapore location is our ninth global office. As a fast-growing office, we have the feel of a start-up, but the backing of a large multinational trading firm. In Asia Pacific, Optiver was one of the first global market makers to establish a presence in the region, with the incorporation of Optiver's APAC head office in Sydney in 1996. Since then, we have expanded our footprint by establishing offices in Taipei (2005), Hong Kong (2007) and Shanghai (2012).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As a Market Risk Analyst, you will:
- Analyse market risks of our trading positions in all relevant markets & asset classes
- Build out the existing market risk management governance and control framework
- Advise on limit requests, policies and methodologies around our trading strategies
- Be involved in risk projects that strengthen our risk position, whilst involving multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Work with our software engineering teams to improve our risk systems and support new business
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- At least 2 years of experience in a risk, quantitative trading/research or related role
- An adept communicator
- Have good planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Have a natural curiosity
- Proactive by nature and can work autonomously
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Have a practical mindset with the ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Experience with coding (VBA, Python, Matlab or other) is a plus
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- The chance to work alongside diverse and intelligent peers in a rewarding environment
- We offer competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Corporate health insurance
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.
Optiver encourages Singapore nationals to apply.