As our Applications Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact to support our London office and team. You will act as a steward of our trading systems, balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth as well as ensuring that the office can operate successfully day-to-day.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Deploy, monitor, and configure a suite of proprietary trading applications
- Provide technical expertise and support to a high frequency trading floor in a competitive market-making environment
- Develop fluency with existing systems, infrastructure, and procedures and proactively improve them
- Intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control
- Script against configuration files, databases, and logs
- Act as a single point of contact for general IT questions or assistance
- Solve IT issues for trading and enterprise applications
- Work with development to ensure the health and stability of the production trading environment
- Continually drive production systems toward cleanliness, simplicity, and reliability
- Track and solve issues as part of a fast-paced results driven set of IT teams
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related technical field
- Passion for problem solving in a start-up environment
- Strong desire to work with a wide scope of technologies
- Experience with Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with SQL and data administration
- Experience with operating systems and understanding network architectures
- Knowledge of trading exchanges and financial instruments is not required
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
What You’ll Get:
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of London?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.