Sales Trading Desk Assistant
As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our abilities to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the fixed income, index, and commodities space. We are looking for an experienced & dynamic associate focused on trade booking and reconciliation to join our institutional trading team.
The ideal candidate for our Sales Trading Desk Assistant role has experience in a middle or back office role(s) within the financial space and a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact to our Institutional Trading team by supporting our traders in delivering timely and accurate trade bookings.
Who We Are:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.
As one of the world’s major financial centres, London was selected as the home of Optiver’s FX trading business, our UK-focused Institutional Trading Team and rapidly growing commodities trading arm of the business. Established in 2019, Optiver’s London office is quickly growing as a key player in the FX market. With its position in England’s capital city bridging European, Asian and American time zones, Optiver London embraces a truly global mindset. And it’s no wonder why. London is one of the most diverse cities in the world, comprising more than 270 nationalities and 300 languages. With some of the best museums, a thriving international restaurant scene and bustling high streets, there’s no better place to become a citizen of the world.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare all daily, intraday, and monthly reports on reconciliations/bookings and address any exceptions with the institutional trading team;
- Perform trade bookings in a timely manner in support of the trading desk;
- Work closely with commodities and FX traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and assist in executing participant orders;
- Identify, resolve, and analyse any differences in trade details and PnL;
- Develop fluency with existing internal systems, exchange booking interfaces and procedures with an aim to proactively improve them;
- Identify opportunities to intelligently automate while maintaining firm human control;
- Handle analytic metrics to improve and report on the performance and efficiency of systems;
- Work in tandem with back office engineering to ensure the health and stability of the processes and systems.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to proactively identify both technical and operational deficiencies;
- Ability to automate and improve processes by learning and applying technical tools such as Excel, VBA, Python, or SQL;
- Comfortable working with traders directly in a fast paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate;
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve;
- Ability to learn rules and regulations governing the US futures exchanges.
What You’ll Get:
Optiver’s London office is the location of our foreign exchange trading business and a growing hub for our commodity trading business. You will be part of a well-established and high performing global firm whilst experiencing the excitement that comes from a growing operation. As our London operations grows there is a real opportunity to make a huge impact and take us and your career to a new level. We offer a supportive environment for you to perform at your best. Some of our key benefits Include:
- Competitive remuneration
- 27 paid vacation days plus all UK public holidays
- Daily Breakfast and lunch
- Home to office commute covered
- 50% paid gym subscription
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities
How To Apply:
Are you interested in furthering your career in our rapidly-expanding office in the heart of London?
Apply directly via the form below and please provide us with a CV in English. When we think there is a potential match, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to [email protected].
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.