ETF Institutional Sales
At Optiver we operate without bureaucracy, without hierarchy and without egos. We are constantly inspired by one another, the diverse skill sets, unique minds, and the desire to be better. We’re passionate, driven and collaborative when it comes to tackling interesting problems. That’s where you come in.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With our focus on cutting-edge engineering, data science and research, we actively trade on 50+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions. Optiver’s Hong Kong office is one of our five APAC offices and a primary player in the Asian markets, trading a range of products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Explore, build, and maintain new and existing counterparty relationships with an immediate business impact from day one
- Coordinate with the Institutional Sales team in Hong Kong and traders across various product groups and regions to ensure Optiver is delivering innovative liquidity solutions with positive outcomes for both counterparties and Optiver
- Challenge the status quo in current trading behaviour and sell Optiver’s superb pricing capabilities to buy-side clients
- Support and contribute to the overall success of a highly motivated Institutional Sales team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years of experience in sales or sales trading covering buy-side clients in Greater China or Southeast Asia
- Demonstrated success in managing and building external relationships
- Proven experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- Critical, detail-oriented, strategic thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and commercially minded
- Language skills in English and either Mandarin or Malay
- Portable client base highly regarded
- Prior ETF experience not needed but highly regarded
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship, and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership
- Food allowance
- Regular social events
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued, and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.