Senior Financial Accountant
An opportunity now exists for a self-motivated Senior Financial Accountant to join the Finance team in our Sydney Office.
WHO WE ARE:
Optiver is a tech-driven trading firm and leading global market maker. For over 35 years, Optiver has been improving financial markets around the world, making them more transparent and efficient for all participants. With more than 1,600 employees in offices around the world, we’re united in our commitment to improve the market through competitive pricing, execution and thorough risk management. By providing liquidity on multiple exchanges across the world, we actively trade on 70+ exchanges, where we’re trusted to always provide accurate buy and sell pricing – no matter the market conditions.
Optiver’s Sydney office is one of the primary players within Asian markets, trading a range of products. Established in 1996, we're an active participant on the Hong Kong, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan exchanges, and act as Optiver’s APAC head office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will partner with other business departments and external parties such as, banks, regulators, auditors and other consultants. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to an accurate and efficient month end close, including performing trial balance review and commentary.
- Ensuring compliance with the risk and control framework. Partnering with Controls Assurance team to test and strengthen controls and documentation.
- Identifying improvement in processes, controls and workpapers, and ensuring these are well documented.
- Preparation of day-to-day accounting entries, calculations and journal entries.
- Preparation and review of daily cash management report and monitoring of counterparty risks.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting to be submitted to senior management.
- Applying best practice to preparation of the annual financial statements for multiple entities.
- Preparing technical papers or accounting policies on various areas, supporting team on technical aspects.
- Preparing and reviewing balance sheet reconciliations. Investigating accounting issues or transactional anomalies
- Contribute to various technology change initiatives and other projects
- Involvement in tax areas and working closely with tax team (this includes income tax, GST, FBT)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
Optiver needs our next Senior Financial Accountant to be someone with:
- 7+ years’ experience in financial control role or audit background.
- CA/CPA qualified or international equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business
- Strong interest in financial markets
- Interest in technical accounting and demonstrated experience in advisory and practical application.
- Demonstrated experience in process and system improvements, including technology change initiatives
- Strong controls awareness, including working with control frameworks and improvements and can quickly escalate and discuss issues when required.
- Commitment to high standards, producing quality outputs and delivering excellent customer service.
- Hands-on experience in leading the financial statements preparation process
- Ability to independently manage finance processes including month end and year end timetables, fixed asset registers, and risk dash boards.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with ability to package information clearly and concisely.
- Strong business acumen, commercial judgement and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with accounting systems (NetSuite experience is a plus) and strong Excel skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- The chance to work alongside diverse, intelligent, and driven peers in a rewarding environment
- Competitive remuneration, including an attractive bonus structure and additional leave entitlements
- Training, mentorship and personal development opportunities
- Gym membership plus weekly in-house chair massages
- Daily breakfast, lunch and an in-house barista
- Regular social events including an annual company trip
- A work-from-home allowance and support
- Guided relocation, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
As an intentionally flat organisation, we believe that great ideas and impact can come from everyone. We are passionate about empowering individuals and creating diverse teams that thrive. Every person at Optiver should feel included, valued and respected, because we believe our best work is done together.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is hardwired through every stage of our hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates from any and all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities.